Canada Day - This event has already occurred
Friday, July 1, 2022 12:00 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.
Concerts, Events, Festivals and Holidays
Have a happy and safe Canada Day long weekend!
City of West Kelowna administrative offices will be closed and some programs and services will be unavailable Friday, July 1 for the Canada Day statutory holiday.
Emergency and essential services such as fire/rescue response, garbage, yard waste and recycling collection, policing, sewer and water operations will continue.
Transit will run on a Saturday schedule on Friday, July 1. For more details on program and service schedules throughout the long weekend, visit Kelowna Regional Transit System - Schedules and Maps.
Join us and Celebrate Canada Day with concerts, cupcakes and more. The Westside Celebration Society has scheduled a full afternoon and evening of events at Annette Beaudreau Amphitheatre and Memorial Park, next to Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre at 3737 Old Okanagan Highway.
For details, please see the Westside Daze Canada Day Festivities webpage. Please note, due to fireworks typically held in nearby Kelowna on Canada Day, our community’s fireworks occur during Westside Daze; and, for 2022, they will be held July 9 at 10 p.m. at the Gellatly Bay waterfront, subject to favourable weather and fire hazard ratings.
The City of West Kelowna is posting this information as a public service and as a proud participant and sponsor of the day's festivities; we ask that you please contact Westside Daze if you have questions about the event.
For other Canada Day long weekend staycation and vacation adventures, attractions and events, please go to our tourism site at visitwestside.com.
- The following administrative buildings will be closed Friday, July 1, 2022:
- Municipal Hall at Mount Boucherie Community Centre, 2760 Cameron Road.
- Engineering and Purchasing satellite offices at Lakeview Village, 879 Anders Road.
- Operations Building (Parks and Cemetery administration) at 3717 Elliott Road.
- Roads, Drainage and Utilities Building at 2570 Bartley Road.
- West Kelowna Fire Rescue Administration at 2708 Olalla Road.
- Offices will reopen by 8:30 a.m. Monday, July 4, 2022.
What Services Are Being Provided?
9-1-1: Fire, First Response and Policing
- For police, fire/rescue and health emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- Bylaw services will be available 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. throughout the Canada Day long weekend.
- During business hours, please call 778-797-8810 to speak to a Bylaw Compliance Officer or leave a message; calls are returned during business hours.
- Afterhours, if your matter is urgent, please call West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880; if not urgent, please call 778-797-8810 and leave a message that will be returned on our next business day.
Drainage, Sewers and Water
- In the event of drainage, sewer and water emergencies, including sewer backups and water main breaks, please call 778-797-1000, dial option 1.
Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste are being collected as per usual. Please see the Living Greener Calendar for details on whether you are due for garbage and yard waste collection or trash and recycling pick up. For hours of operation and accepted materials for the Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre, the Glenmore Landfill and bottle depots and where to take what materials, please visit rdco.com/wasteandrecycling.
- If you put your bins at the curb at the correct date and time, with the lid closed, and the collection was missed, please call 778-797-8850 to leave a message with our Utility Billing Department; calls will be returned on our next business day.
- For details on Recreation and Culture Programs, please visit westkelownacity.ca/recguide.
- To make a service request for a street in the City of West Kelowna, excluding Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, please contact AEL at 1-866-353-3136.
- For matters related to Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, and streets in Westbank First Nation, and the Central Okanagan West Electoral Area please call AIM Roads 1 866 222-4204. For maintenance of the William R Bennett Bridge, contact Protrans at 1-888-769-2925.
- Buses will run on a Saturday schedule on Friday, July 1.
- For full long weekend transit schedule details, please visit: