Monday, May 20, 2019 12:00 a.m.
Concerts, Events, Festivals and Holidays
City of West Kelowna administrative offices will be closed and some programs and services will be unavailable Saturday, May 18, Sunday, May 19 and Monday, May 20 due to the Victoria Day holiday in British Columbia.
Emergency and essential services such as fire/rescue response, garbage and recycling collection, policing, sewer and water operations and transit will continue; however, buses will run on a Sunday schedule on Victoria Day, Monday, May 20. For more details on program and service schedules throughout the long weekend, please read on.
For May long weekend staycation and vacation adventures, attractions and events, please go to www.visitwestside.com.
- The following administrative buildings will be closed throughout the May long weekend, including Victoria Day, Monday, May 20, 2019:
- City Hall at Mount Boucherie Community Centre, 2760 Cameron Road.
- Engineering, Purchasing and Economic Development satellite offices at Lakeview Village, 879 Anders Road.
- Operations Building (Parks and Cemetery administration) at 3717 Elliott Road.
- Roads and Utilities Building at 2570 Bartley Road.
- West Kelowna Fire Rescue Administration at 2708 Olalla Road.
- Offices will reopen by 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
What Services Are Being Provided?
9-1-1: Fire, First Response and Policing
- For police, fire/rescue and health emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- Please call 778-797-8810. The Bylaw Enforcement Office is staffed seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. from the May long weekend through Labour Day. Outside of these hours, please leave a message and calls will be returned the next business day.
Drainage, Sewers and Water
- In the event of drainage, sewer and water emergencies, including sewer backups and water main breaks, please call 778-797-1000, dial option 1.
Garbage and Recycling
- Garbage and recycling are being collected as per usual. Please see the Living Greener Calendar for details on whether you are due for garbage and yard waste collection or trash and recycling pick up. For hours of operation and accepted materials for the Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre, the Glenmore Landfill and bottle depots and where to take what materials, please visit www.regionaldistrict.com/recycle.
- If you put your bins at the curb at the correct date and time, with the lid closed, and the collection was missed, please call 778-797-8850 to leave a message with our Utility Billing Department; calls will be returned on our next business day.
- For details on Recreation and Culture Programs for the May long weekend, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/recguide.
- To make a service request for a street in the City of West Kelowna, excluding Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, please contact AEL at 1-866-353-3136.
- For matters related to Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, and streets in Westbank First Nation, and the Central Okanagan West Electoral Area please call AIM Roads at 1-866-222-4204.
- Buses will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday, May 20.
- For full long weekend transit schedule details, please visit: