Remembrance Day Weekend: Closures and Available Services - This event has already occurred
Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Upcoming Dates:Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Monday, November 12, 2018 12:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Lest We Forget!
In lieu of Remembrance Day, City of West Kelowna administrative offices will be closed and some programs and services will not be offered on Satruday, November 10, Sunday, November 11 and Monday, November 12.
The City of West Kelowna joins our community in honouring the many who have served and sacrificed for our freedom.
The Westbank Legion will host the annual Remembrance Day Service at Mount Boucherie Community Centre, at 2760 Cameron Road, West Kelowna, BC. Please arrive before 10 a.m. for the parade including the Colour Party. The service will follow inside Royal LePage Place at 11 a.m.
- The following administrative buildings will be closed throughout the Remembrance Day long weekend, including Monday, November 12, 2018:
- Engineering, Purchasing and Economic Development satellite offices at Lakeview Village, 879 Anders Road
- Municipal Hall at Mount Boucherie Community Centre, 2760 Cameron Road
- Operations Building (Parks and Cemetery administration) at 3717 Elliott Road
- Roads and Utilities Building at 2570 Bartley Road
- West Kelowna Fire Rescue Administration at 2708 Olalla Road
- Offices will reopen by 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
What Services Are Being Provided?
9-1-1: Fire, First Response and Policing
- For police, fire and health emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- If your matter is urgent, please call West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880. If the matter is not urgent, please call 778-797-8810 to leave a message; calls will be returned on our next business day.
Drainage, Sewers and Water
- In the event of drainage, sewer and water emergencies, including sewer backups and water main breaks, please call 778-797-1000, dial option 1.
Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste
- Garbage and recycling or yard waste are being collected as per usual. Please see the Living Greener Calendar for details on whether you are due for garbage and yard waste collection or trash and recycling pick up and hours of operation for: the Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre; Glenmore Landfill; bottle depots; and, drop off locations for non-accepted and hazardous materials.
- If you put your bins at the curb at the correct date and time, with the lid closed, and the collection was missed, please call 778-797-8850 to leave a message with our Utility Billing Department; calls will be returned on our next business day.
- Our indoor pool and fitness facility, Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre, is open Saturday, Sunday and Monday, November 10, 11 and 12, from noon to 4 p.m.
- Drop-in gym sports are cancelled Monday, November 12
- All public skating and Stick 'n' Puck 'n' Ring events at Jim Lind and Royal LePage Place Arenas are cancelled on Saturday, November 10 and Monday, November 12
- Public skating will be held Sunday, November 11: The Parent and Tot Skate takes place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Jim Lind Arena, at $1 per tot (under six years) and and $2 per parent; the Public and Family Skate goes from 2:45 to 4:00 p.m. at Jim Lind Arena, at $4 per person; skate rentals are avilable for both events at $2.25 per pair, with children's sizes from 8 to 13 and adult sizes from 1 to 12 available.
- For other schedules and programs, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/recguide.
- To make a service request for a street in the City of West Kelowna, excluding Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, please contact AEL at 1-866-353-3136.
- For matters related to Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, and streets in Westbank First Nation, and the Central Okanagan West Electoral Area please call Argo Road Maintenance at 1-800-663-7623.
- Kelowna Regional Transit employees will pay their respects with a one minute of silence stoppage at 11 a.m. on Sunday, November 11. All transit drivers will ensure their buses are safely pulled to the curb and parked during this period.
- Buses will run on a Saturday schedule on Monday, November 12.
- For full transit schedule details, please visit:
Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auctor, nisi elit consequat ipsum. Proin condimentum fermentum nunc.