Easter Holiday Guide - This event has already occurred
Friday, April 19, 2019 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Upcoming Dates:Saturday, April 20, 2019 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Sunday, April 21, 2019 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Monday, April 22, 2019 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
2760 Cameron Road, West Kelowna, BC V1Z 2T6
View on Google Maps
Concerts, Events, Festivals and Holidays
Have a happy Easter long weekend!
City of West Kelowna administrative offices will be closed and some programs and services will be unavailable Good Friday, April 19 through Easter Monday, April 22.
Emergency and essential services such as fire/rescue response, garbage, yard waste and recycling collection, policing, sewer and water operations and transit will continue; however, buses will run on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday, April 19. For more details on program and service schedules throughout the Easter long weekend, please read on.
A free Easter Egg Scramble sponsored by Re/MAX takes place Saturday, April 20; please see below under Recreational Programming for more information.
For Easter long weekend staycation and vacation adventures, attractions and events, please go to www.visitwestside.com.
- The following administrative buildings will be closed throughout the Easter long weekend, from Good Friday, April 19 through Easter Monday, April 22:
- City Hall at Mount Boucherie Community Centre, 2760 Cameron Road.
- Engineering, Purchasing and Economic Development satellite offices at Lakeview Village, 879 Anders Road.
- Operations Building (Parks and Cemetery administration) at 3717 Elliott Road.
- Roads and Utilities Building at 2570 Bartley Road.
- West Kelowna Fire Rescue Administration at 2708 Olalla Road.
- Offices will reopen by 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
What Services Are Being Provided?
9-1-1: Fire, First Response and Policing
- For police, fire/rescue and health emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- If your matter is urgent, please call West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880. If the matter is not urgent, please call 778-797-8810 to leave a message; calls will be returned on our next business day.
Drainage, Sewers and Water
- In the event of drainage, sewer and water emergencies, including sewer backups and water main breaks, please call 778-797-1000, dial option 1.
Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste are being collected as per usual. Please see the Living Greener Calendar for details on whether you are due for garbage and yard waste collection or trash and recycling pick up. For hours of operation and accepted materials for the Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre, the Glenmore Landfill and bottle depots and where to take what materials, please visit www.regionaldistrict.com/recycle.
- If you put your bins at the curb at the correct date and time, with the lid closed, and the collection was missed, please call 778-797-8850 to leave a message with our Utility Billing Department; calls will be returned on our next business day.
- The 9th Annual Easter Egg Scramble takes place Saturday, April 20 from noon to 2 p.m. at Memorial Park, 3737 Old Okanagan Highway. The egg hunt starts at 1 p.m. sharp. The event is for children 10 years and under with a separate area for toddlers. The event is sponsored by Re/MAX and those in need of more information can call 250-768-3339. The event is free, but a donation of a non-perishable item for the food bank is encouraged. Bring your own baskets. Facepainting, hot dogs and refreshements are provided.
- Kids Stick 'n' Puck 'n' Ring are taking place as scheduled Monday, April 22 at Royal LePage Place and Seniors Hockey is continuing as usual Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22.
- Drop-in gym sports and West Kelowna Recreation and Culture fitness classes are cancelled April 19 through 22.
- Our indoor pool and fitness facility, Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre, is open noon to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 19, Saturday, April 20 and Sunday, April 21. Classes are cancelled April 19 through 22. However, the facility will be open regular hours on Monday, April 22 and public swimming will be extended from 1 to 5 p.m. that day.
- For more details on these and other programs, please see go to www.westkelownacity.ca/recguide.
- To make a service request for a street in the City of West Kelowna, excluding Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, please contact AEL at 1-866-353-3136.
- For matters related to Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, and streets in Westbank First Nation, and the Central Okanagan West Electoral Area please call Argo Road Maintenance at 1-800-663-7623.
- Buses will run on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday, April 19 and the usual Monday Schedule on Easter Monday, April 22.
- For full long weekend transit schedule details, please visit: